UKDN Waterflow supplies water and wastewater infrastructure services to UK utilities, rail, insurers and commercial organisations.
The company was formed in 2003 through the merger of five regional drainage businesses to create one of the first national industry players.
Corporates are increasingly outsourcing their drainage requirements to a single provider capable of delivering a range of services to the highest standard.
This is stimulating acquisition activity in the sector as smaller firms are targeted by larger companies looking to gain the scale, geographical reach and breadth of services.
Working with management, we developed a strategy to grow the business focusing on:
- Capitalising on UKDN Waterflow’s client relationships, service levels and systems to grow market share
- Extending the technical services activities from the South to the Midlands and North
- Expanding the group’s emergency response capability
- Investing in business development in specific verticals
“The company has undergone transformational change whilst maintaining its focus on customer service and the highest quality technical standards.” Simon Hitchcock, Partner at Lyceum and UKDN Waterflow board member
With our support UKDN has:
- Integrated two acquisitions, extending its geographic reach and creating an extensive portfolio of services
- Appointed former Thames Water senior executives Nick Harris and Steve Shine OBE