Founded in 1996, EAT. is a leading business in the £3 billion specialist food and coffee “to go” market. With 113 stores across the UK, EAT. make and serve a daily changing, award winning menu of soups, hot pots, salads, paninis, sandwiches, desserts, baked goods and coffee, all freshly prepared each day.
The sub-£10 meal category of the food and drink sector has been resilient throughout the downturn. As consumer confidence returns, the popularity of branded, healthy eating out and food-to-go is expected to continue.
Since investing in 2011, we have been supporting EAT.’s management team as they:
- Accelerate a UK-wide store roll-out programme
- Invest in product ranges, shops, people, technology, marketing and customer loyalty
- Focus on delivering high quality products, exceptional service and great value
“The strong management team can capitalise on improving consumer confidence by continuing to evolve the business proposition and deliver its ambitious store roll-out plans.” Philip Buscombe, Chairman of Lyceum Capital
With our support EAT. has:
- Appointed former Costa Coffee Managing Director Adrian Johnson as CEO
- Appointed former Waitrose Retail Director Tony Solomons as NED
- Initiated a store-wide re-branding and refurbishment process