Clearswift provides market-leading security software products to companies that view the security of their IP and communications as a strategic priority. Clearswift’s integrated products manage inbound threats, data loss prevention, web access policies and compliance across both web and email communications.
Headquartered in Theale, near Reading, with satellite operations in Germany, Spain, Japan, the US, Australia and Holland, the business employs around 160 people with almost two thirds based in the UK.
The company boasts a diverse and international base of high profile customers in around 50 countries and has a strong footprint in the defence, government and financial sectors. Disclosed customers include BAE Systems, Hitachi Solutions, Anpost, Warwick District Council, T-Mobile and Australia Postal Service.
Clearswift operates in the £2.6 billion e-mail and web gateway subsector of the larger security software market, which is expected to continue growing strongly with demand for its software driven by recent high profile security breaches, the increasing popularity of social media and the growing demands of compliance with new legislation and regulation.
The business is well placed to capitalise on opportunities arising from this growing but still fragmented market. Its strategy includes:
- Driving organic sales through focused sales and marketing
- Bolstering technical functionality through further product development and targeted acquisitions
- Strengthening sector and geographic penetration both organically and through targetted acquisitions in chosen verticals
Below are links to interesting news items on Clearswift:
- Lyceum’s acquisition (Microscope)
- Clearswift’s plans for growth (Info Security magazine)
- The benefits of Lyceum’s acquisition (ARN)
For the latest information on our investment in Clearswift, download our platform focus document.