Founded in 1993, Carewatch is the second largest national provider of home-based care and support. It provides services to both local authority-funded recipients and private clients, enabling the elderly and people with learning disabilities or health requirements to remain independent in their own homes.
At acquisition, its branches and franchisees provided over 170,000 hours of care per week. The business now employs over 3,000 people across 146 branches, delivering 200,000 hours of care and support to some 24,000 clients across the UK.
Using our experience in the home health and social care sectors from our successful prior investment, we worked to identify new opportunities in a sector which is highly fragmented and has strong underlying growth prospects driven by demographics and a growing private-pay segment.
The strong market position of Carewatch and our knowledge of the sector made Carewatch a clear acquisition target. We approached the owners, Nestor Healthcare, directly, completing the acquisition in October 2008.
In partnership with new management, our strategy is to grow Carewatch into a leading care provider in the UK by:
- Investing in company infrastructure and operations to drive up care standards and prime it for accelerated growth
- Increasing investment in technology, to improve margins and increase support to franchisees
- Extending services provided into mental health, live in care and the private pay market
- Extending the geographical presence by increasing the size of the network
- Accelerating growth through add-on acquisitions — since 2008 Carewatch has made 20 acquisitions
- Increasing control over the network and density of coverage through acquisition
Below are links to interesting news items on Carewatch: