Established in 1991, Access Group is a software developer that sells its own business application tools and provides consultancy to UK mid-sized companies.
The company, which employs over 450 people and serves a 10,000-strong customer base, produces applications for finance, HR and payroll, business intelligence, supply chain and warehousing. The software can be deployed in the cloud, a hosted environment and on-site.
The UK software sector enjoys strong long-term growth prospects, with the supply of business application software and services to the UK mid-market still highly fragmented.
Lyceum Capital invested alongside Access’ existing management and introduced a highly experienced Executive Chairman and Non-Executive Director to the MBO team. The company’s growth strategy includes:
- Growing the product portfolio through in-house development and targeted acquisitions
- Entering new vertical industries organically and through acquisition
- Investing in hosted, cloud and software as a service (SaaS) capabilities
With our support Access Group has:
- Increased sales from £43.4m to £53.5m (2013-2014)
- Grown EBITDA from £9.2m to £11.9m (2013-2014)
- Boosted headcount to 644 people (June 2014)
- Made seven add-on acquisitions of high-quality businesses in the last 12 months
“Access has undergone rapid expansion since we first supported the business in 2011, growing the breadth of its offering in different vertical markets.” Jeremy Hand, Lyceum Capital Partner and board member at Access Group