Lyceum's investment will enable us to develop new facilities as well as improve and broaden the services we offer.
Based in London and the South East of England, Sequence Care Group provides specialist residential care for adults with learning disabilities, mental health needs and challenging behaviours in close proximity to their families and friends.
It serves local authorities and the NHS, and has developed purpose-built care units with a total of 126 beds across seven company-owned sites since its inception in 2007.
Demand for residential care is being driven by the propensity for GPs to recognise people with learning disabilities and a political imperative for local authorities to use the independent sector to deliver the best long-term outcomes for high needs residential users.
Lyceum Capital and Sequence Care Group’s management team are pursuing a growth strategy based on:
- Creating a care pathway that addresses the changing needs of individuals over time
- Developing new locations where demand for high acuity services is particularly strong
- Expanding existing sites to create additional beds and facilities for local communities
- Exploring potential add-on acquisitions to diversify services
With Lyceum’s support, Sequence Care:
- Has more than doubled the number of beds available in its 16 sites
- Has completed the acquisition of Progress Housing in early 2017, adding over 40 beds across 5 sites on the South Coast
- Is transitioning all hospital sites to residential care facilities