Our priorities are to increase sales, consistently improve existing stores for our customers and gradually deliver new sites.
Founded in 1996, EAT. is a leading business in the £3 billion specialist food and coffee “to go” market.
With over 110 stores across the UK, EAT. makes and serves a daily-changing, award-winning menu of soups, hot pots, salads, paninis, sandwiches, desserts, baked goods and coffee, all freshly prepared each day.
The sub-£10 meal category of the food and drink sector has been resilient throughout the downturn. As consumer confidence returns, the popularity of branded, healthy eating out and food-to-go is expected to continue.
Since investing in 2011, we have been supporting EAT.’s management team as they:
- Accelerate a UK-wide store roll-out programme
- Invest in product ranges, shops, people, technology, marketing and customer loyalty
- Focus on delivering high quality products, exceptional service and great value
With our support EAT. has:
- Opened 27 new stores and is growing its footprint across the UK further
- Completed a store-wide re-branding and refurbishment process
- Launched an innovative new menu that includes hot pots, pretzel subs and vegan options
- Appointed former UK Managing Director of Pret A Manger Andrew Walker as CEO