Founded in 1993 with 150 branches nationwide, Carewatch provides home care services to local authority-funded and private clients.
This enables the elderly and people with learning disabilities or health requirements to remain independent.
Demand for supported living services, which allow for community-based living and integration, continues to grow and is the preferred approach for local authorities.
Carewatch was acquired from listed owners Nestor Healthcare in October 2008. In partnership with a new management team, our strategy has established Carewatch as a leading care provider in the UK by:
- Investing in company infrastructure and operations to drive up care standards
- Harnessing technology to improve processes and increase support to franchisees
- Extending services for mental health, live-in care and the private pay market
- Expanding geographical reach through carefully selected add-on acquisitions
“Since we took Carewatch out of public ownership we’ve implemented a structured and sustainable approach to expansion. The strategy is delivering the highest quality care.” Philip Buscombe, Chairman of Lyceum Capital
With our support Carewatch has:
- Become the largest independent national provider of home care and assisted living services
- Extended its branch network across the UK
- Appointed Chairman Steve Ashton, who has held several senior roles at SAGA and the AA